Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Recipe: Southwest Slow Cooker Chicken

This recipe is one that I came up with after searching for a chicken and salsa type of dish. I couldn't find any recipes that suited what I wanted, so I just added a little bit of this and a little bit of that and voila! here it is.

Southwest Slow Cooker Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 24-oz. jar of salsa (I use one that has corn and black beans in it)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
1 can of petite diced tomatoes (DO NOT DRAIN)
1 packet of taco seasoning

Place all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours. It will seem really soupy, but once the chicken is cooked thoroughly, use two forks to shred the chicken. This will thicken it up. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded lettuce, cheese, olives, sour cream, etc. It is quite tasty and quite addicting. Enjoy!

0 comments: